For a speedy weeknight meal, try this quick chicken chow mein.
The ingredient of Quick chicken chow mein
- 440g pkt shelf-fresh hokkien noodles
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 500g Coles Australian RSPCA Approved Chicken Mince
- 1 carrot, cut into matchsticks
- 1 red capsicum, seeded, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1/4 cup (60ml) oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons salt-reduced soy sauce
- 1/2 cup (60g) frozen baby peas
- 1 bunch choy sum, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 small wombok (Chinese cabbage), coarsely shredded
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
The instruction how to make Quick chicken chow mein
- Place noodles in a heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water. Set aside for 5 mins or until noodles separate. Drain.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a wok over high heat. Add chicken and stir-fry, stirring with a wooden spoon to break up any lumps, for 3-4 mins or until lightly browned. Add the carrot, capsicum and garlic and stir-fry for 1 min.
- Add the curry powder and stir-fry for 1 min or until fragrant. Add the oyster sauce, soy sauce, noodles and u00bd cup (125ml) water. Stir-fry for 2 mins or until well combined. Add the peas, choy sum, wombok and spring onion and stir-fry for 1-2 mins or until wombok just wilts. Divide among serving bowls.
Nutritions of Quick chicken chow meinfatContent: 792.524 calories
saturatedFatContent: 34 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 13 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 73 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 10 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 40 grams protein