This chicken pasta salad with vinaigrette dressing is lower GI and diabetes-friendly too.
The ingredient of Warm chicken pasta salad
- 500g penne rigate
- 4 chicken breast fillets, trimmed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 large red capsicum, quartered, deseeded
- 6 marinated artichokes, drained, quartered
- 1/2 cup semi-dried tomatoes, drained
- 1 small red onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup firmly packed small basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
The instruction how to make Warm chicken pasta salad
- Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water, following packet directions, until just tender. Drain.
- Place chicken onto a plate. Combine 1 tablespoon of oil and garlic in a jug. Brush over both sides of chicken.
- Preheat barbecue plate on high heat. Cook capsicum, skin-side down, for 10 minutes. Place into a plastic bag. Stand for 5 minutes. Reduce barbecue heat to medium. Cook chicken for 5 minutes each side or until cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Cover. Stand for 5 minutes.
- Discard capsicum skin. Slice capsicum and chicken. Place into a bowl with pasta, artichokes, tomatoes, onion and basil.
- Combine remaining 2 tablespoons of oil, vinegar, water, and pepper in a screw-top jar. Shake well to combine. Pour over pasta mixture. Toss to combine. Serve.
Nutritions of Warm chicken pasta saladfatContent: 822.16 calories
saturatedFatContent: 21.2 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 3.7 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 95.4 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 56.7 grams protein
sodiumContent: 117 milligrams cholesterol