The fiery fusion of Spanish, French and African flavours in this jambalaya create an explosion of taste in your mouth.
The ingredient of Chicken and prawn jambalaya
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 8 chicken lovely legs
- 2 chorizo, sliced
- 1 large red onion, sliced
- 2 celery stalks, trimmed, sliced
- 1 red capsicum, chopped
- 2 dried bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons creole seasoning
- 3 cups white long-grain rice
- 400g can crushed tomatoes
- 1 litre Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 8 large green tiger prawns, peeled, tails intact, deveined
- 2 tablespoons fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
The instruction how to make Chicken and prawn jambalaya
- Heat oil in a deep frying pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken. Cook, turning, for 6 to 8 minutes or until well browned all over. Transfer chicken to a heatproof plate.
- Add chorizo and onion to pan. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until onion softens. Add celery, capsicum and bay leaves. Cook for 2 minutes or until capsicum starts to soften. Add seasoning. Cook for 30 seconds or until fragrant. Add rice. Cook for 1 minute, stirring to coat. Add tomato and stock. Bring to a simmer. Return chicken to pan. Reduce heat to low. Cover. Simmer for 10 to 15 minutes or until rice is almost tender.
- Arrange prawns over rice mixture. Cover. Cook for 5 minutes or until rice is tender and chicken and prawns are cooked through. Remove from heat. Stand, covered, for 5 minutes. Remove and discard bay leaves. Serve sprinkled with parsley.
Nutritions of Chicken and prawn jambalayafatContent: 586.745 calories
saturatedFatContent: 15 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 4.1 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 68.1 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 42 grams protein
sodiumContent: 147 milligrams cholesterol