Satisfy a crowd with these spicy chicken bites served with sweet homemade pineapple chutney.
The ingredient of Spicy jerk chicken bites
- 12 chicken wings
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 5cm piece fresh ginger, peeled, finely grated
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon ground allspice
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried chilli flakes
- 3 green onions, finely chopped, plus extra to serve
- 1/3 cup fresh coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 440g can crushed pineapple in juice (undrained)
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander leaves, finely chopped
The instruction how to make Spicy jerk chicken bites
- Make Pineapple Chutney: Place red onion, sugar, vinegar and 3/4 of the pineapple in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until sugar dissolves. Bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes or until sauce reduces and mixture is thick. Remove from heat. Cool completely in pan. Stir in coriander and remaining pineapple. Set aside until required.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 200C/180C fan-forced. Line 2 large baking trays with baking paper.
- Cut wing tips from chicken wings and discard. Cut each wing in half at the joint. Place in a large bowl.
- Combine honey, ginger, garlic, allspice, pepper, chilli, onion, coriander and oil in a bowl. Stir to combine. Add to wings. Season with salt. Toss to coat. Transfer wings to prepared trays in a single layer.
- Bake for 30 minutes, turning once, or until cooked through. Transfer to a platter.
- To serve, sprinkle wings with extra green onion. Serve with Pineapple Chutney.
Nutritions of Spicy jerk chicken bitesfatContent: 327.191 calories
saturatedFatContent: 18.7 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 4.5 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 28.6 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 11.3 grams protein
sodiumContent: 49 milligrams cholesterol