Serve up a meal thats low in sodium and saturated fat with this delicious tandoori chicken and cucumber rice salad.
The ingredient of Tandoori chicken and cucumber rice salad
- 6 Coles RSPCA Approved Chicken Thigh fillets, cut into 3cm pieces
- 1 tablespoon tandoori paste
- 1 tablespoon natural yoghurt
- 1 cup (200g) basmati rice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, coarsely chopped
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 200g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup mint leaves
- 1/4 cup coriander leaves
- 2 tablespoons mango chutney
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
The instruction how to make Tandoori chicken and cucumber rice salad
- Combine the chicken, tandoori paste and yoghurt in a medium bowl. Set aside for 1 hour to develop the flavours.
- Meanwhile, cook the rice with the turmeric following packet directions. Set aside to cool completely.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook the chicken, in 2 batches, turning, for 3 mins or until golden brown and cooked though. Set aside to cool completely.
- To make the mango chutney dressing, whisk the mango chutney, vinegar and oil in a small bowl. Season.
- Add the cucumber, onion, tomato, mint and coriander to the rice and toss to combine. Top with chicken and drizzle with the dressing to serve.
Nutritions of Tandoori chicken and cucumber rice saladfatContent: 550.656 calories
saturatedFatContent: 27 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 7 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 29 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 10 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 47 grams protein