Looking for a healthier spin on classic stroganoff? Use light sour cream and liquid stock for a delicious creamy sauce.
The ingredient of Healthier one-pan chicken stroganoff
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 small chicken breast fillets, sliced
- 1 brown onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 200g swiss brown mushrooms, sliced
- 300g cup mushrooms, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3 cups Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 250g packet dried spiral spelt pasta
- 1/2 cup light sour cream, plus extra, to serve
- 60g baby spinach
- 1 bunch broccolini, halved lengthways
- Chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, to serve
The instruction how to make Healthier one-pan chicken stroganoff
- Heat 1/2 the oil in a large, deep frying pan over medium heat. Add chicken. Cook, stirring, for 3 to 4 minutes or until browned and cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Cover loosely with foil.
- Heat remaining oil in pan. Add onion and mushrooms. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 10 minutes or until softened. Add garlic and paprika. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add sauce and tomato paste. Stir to combine. Add stock and pasta. Bring to the boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to low. Cover. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until pasta is almost tender.
- Uncover. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 2 to 3 minutes or until sauce has thickened slightly. Remove from heat. Stir in sour cream, then chicken and spinach. Top with broccolini. Cover. Stand for 5 minutes or until broccolini is bright green and just tender. Dollop with extra sour cream. Season with salt and pepper. Serve sprinkled with parsley.
Nutritions of Healthier one-pan chicken stroganofffatContent: