The ingredient of Mallorys chicken, pumpkin and pesto risotto
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1kg butternut pumpkin, peeled, cut into 2cm cubes
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 large chicken breast fillets, trimmed
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 cups arborio rice
- 4 cups Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 1/3 cup basil pesto
The instruction how to make Mallorys chicken, pumpkin and pesto risotto
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add pumpkin. Cook, tossing, for 5 minutes, or until golden. Add water. Cook for a further 5 to 8 minutes, or until just tender. Drain. Transfer to a plate and keep warm.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in the frying pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken. Cook for 5 minutes each side, or until just cooked through. Remove to a plate and cover to keep warm.
- Heat remaining oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook for 3 minutes, or until onion is soft. Stir in rice. Cook for 1 minute. Add stock. Bring to the boil. Cover with a tight-fitting lid. Reduce heat to low. Cook for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Thinly slice chicken. Stir into rice mixture with pumpkin. Cover. Cook for a further 5 minutes. Season with pepper. Spoon into bowls. Top with pesto. Serve.
Nutritions of Mallorys chicken, pumpkin and pesto risottofatContent: 946.44 calories
saturatedFatContent: 32 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 6 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 103 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 15 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 56 grams protein
sodiumContent: 111 milligrams cholesterol