Make your own tomato and chilli jam to serve with succulent chicken dishes.
The ingredient of Tomato & chilli jam with lemon chicken
- 4 (about 220g each) single chicken breast fillets
- 80ml (1/3 cup) extra virgin olive oil
- 2/3 cup coarsely chopped fresh coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon rind
- 125ml (1/2 cup) fresh lemon juice
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 305g (1 1/2 cups) wild rice blend
- 55g (1/3 cup) toasted pine nuts
- Rocket leaves, to serve
- 5 small (about 500g) ripe tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 3 long fresh red chillies, coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 240g (1 1/2 cups, lightly packed) brown sugar
- 125ml (1/2 cup) white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt flakes
The instruction how to make Tomato & chilli jam with lemon chicken
- To make the tomato & chilli jam, place tomato, chilli and garlic in the jug of a blender and blend until smooth. Transfer chilli mixture to a medium saucepan. Add the sugar, vinegar, ginger and soy sauce, and season with sea salt flakes. Bring to the boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring occasionally, for 30-35 minutes or until jam thickens. Set aside for 30 minutes to cool.
- Meanwhile, place chicken in a glass or ceramic dish. Combine oil, 2 tablespoons of the fresh coriander, ground coriander, lemon rind and half the lemon juice in a jug. Pour over the chicken and turn to coat. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 1 hour to develop the flavours.
- Preheat a barbecue grill on high. Remove chicken from marinade and season with salt and pepper. Cook on preheated grill for 7 minutes each side or until cooked through. Transfer to a plate and drizzle with remaining lemon juice. Cover with foil and set aside for 5 minutes to rest.
- Meanwhile: cook rice in a saucepan of boiling water following packet directions or until tender. Drain well. Return to the pan. Add pine nuts and remaining fresh coriander. Gently toss until just combined.
- Divide rice mixture among serving plates. Top with chicken and drizzle with tomato & chilli jam. Serve with rocket.
Nutritions of Tomato & chilli jam with lemon chickenfatContent: 1044.191 calories
saturatedFatContent: 33 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 5 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 117 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 66 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 65 grams protein