Asian greens and spicy carrots are an exciting side to the roast chicken marylands.
The ingredient of Chicken maryland with five-spice carrots
- 4 (about 220g each) chicken marylands
- 40g butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 4 thin orange slices
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- Sea salt flakes & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons Chinese five spice
- 1 bunch baby (Dutch) carrots, scrubbed, ends trimmed to 3cm
- 1/2 bunch snake beans, cut into 5cm lengths
- 80ml (1/3 cup) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 60g baby Asian greens
The instruction how to make Chicken maryland with five-spice carrots
- Preheat oven to 200u00b0C. Place the chicken in a roasting pan. Combine the butter, chives and garlic in a bowl. Run your finger under skins of marylands to create a pocket. Place 1 tablespoon of butter mixture under skins of marylands and press skins to evenly spread. Place 1 slice of orange under skin of each maryland and secure skin with a toothpick. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of the oil and season with sea salt. Roast in oven for 10 minutes.
- Combine remaining oil, honey and five spice in a bowl. Add carrots and snake beans, and toss to coat. Remove chicken from the oven. Arrange carrot mixture evenly around edge of pan. Season with salt. Cook for a further 15 minutes or until chicken is brown and cooked through and carrots are tender. Remove from oven. Transfer chicken and carrot mixture to a plate.
- Place roasting pan over medium heat. Add stock and soy sauce. Cook, stirring with a wooden spoon to dislodge any bits that have cooked onto the base, for 3 minutes or until mixture boils.
- Place Asian greens on plates. Top with carrot mixture and chicken. Drizzle with sauce and serve immediately.
Nutritions of Chicken maryland with five-spice carrotsfatContent: 421.357 calories
saturatedFatContent: 24 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 9 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 19 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 18 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 29 grams protein
sodiumContent: 135 milligrams cholesterol