The ingredient of Spicy chicken skewers with coconut rice
- 750g Lilydale chicken breast fillets, chopped
- 1/4 cup kecap manis
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 teaspoon sambal oelek
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 1/3 cups jasmine rice, rinsed
- 1 stalk lemongrass, white part only, cut into 3 pieces
- 400ml can light coconut milk
- 3/4 cup Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 200g snow peas, trimmed, halved
- lime wedges, to serve
The instruction how to make Spicy chicken skewers with coconut rice
- Thread chicken onto skewers. Place in a ceramic dish. Combine kecap manis, oil, sambal oelek, turmeric, cumin and coriander. Pour over chicken. Turn to coat. Refrigerate for 30 minutes, if time permits.
- Place rice, lemongrass, coconut milk and stock in a saucepan over high heat. Cover. Cook, stirring occasionally, until mixture comes to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Cook, covered, for 15 minutes. Remove from heat. Stand for 5 minutes.
- Preheat barbecue plate on medium-high heat. Barbecue skewers for 3 minutes each side or until chicken is just cooked through.
- Place snow peas in a heatproof bowl and cover with boiling water. Stand for 2 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water.
- Spoon rice onto plates. Top with skewers and snow peas. Serve with lime wedges.
Nutritions of Spicy chicken skewers with coconut ricefatContent: 650.319 calories
saturatedFatContent: 22 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 14 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 60 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 4 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 50 grams protein