The ingredient of Mediterranean smoked chicken & couscous salad
- 2 cups (400g) couscous
- 1 teaspoon Massel chicken style stock powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup (100g) good-quality whole egg mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika (pimenton) (see note)
- 2-3 smoked chicken breasts (500g total), shredded
- 1/2 cup sliced marinated artichoke hearts
- 1/3 cup sliced roasted red capsicum (see note)
- 1/3 cup sliced semi-dried tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chopped basil leaves, plus whole leaves to garnish
- Butter lettuce leaves, to serve
- Lemon wedges, (optional) to serve
The instruction how to make Mediterranean smoked chicken & couscous salad
- Stir the couscous, stock powder and oil together in a large bowl, pour over 2 cups (500ml) boiling water, then cover with a tea towel and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the mayonnaise with the paprika in a large bowl. Add 2 tablespoons warm water to loosen, then toss with the chicken, artichoke, capsicum and tomatoes. Season to taste.
- Fluff the couscous with a fork, season, then stir in the chopped basil. Pile couscous and chicken into lettuce leaves and scatter with basil leaves. Serve with lemon wedges, if desired.
Nutritions of Mediterranean smoked chicken & couscous saladfatContent: 876.652 calories
saturatedFatContent: 23 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 4 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 82 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 8 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 79 grams protein
sodiumContent: 182 milligrams cholesterol