The ingredient of Poached chicken, spinach and radicchio salad
- 4 (about 180g each) chicken breast fillets
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 black peppercorns
- 6 slices prosciutto
- 1 small baguette, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons finely grated parmesan
- 1 small radicchio, leaves separated
- 100g baby spinach leaves
- Shaved parmesan, to serve
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 anchovy fillets, drained on paper towel, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1/2 cup (124ml) light olive oil
The instruction how to make Poached chicken, spinach and radicchio salad
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C. Place the chicken, bay leaf and peppercorns in a large frying pan and cover with plenty of cold water. Place over high heat and bring to a simmer. Cook for 10 minutes or until just cooked through. Remove from heat and transfer to a plate. Set aside to cool slightly before placing in the fridge to chill. Coarsely shred.
- Place the prosciutto on an oven tray and bake for 5 minutes or until crisp. Place the baguette slices on an oven tray and lightly brush with oil. Sprinkle with parmesan. Bake in oven for 5-6 minutes or until golden brown and crisp.
- To make the anchovy dressing, place the egg yolk, mustard, lemon juice, anchovy and garlic in the bowl of a small processor and process until smooth and creamy. While the motor is running, gradually pour in the oil in a thin, steady stream until well combined. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Arrange the radicchio, baby spinach, chicken, prosciutto and croutes on serving dishes. Drizzle with dressing and sprinkle with shaved parmesan to serve.
Nutritions of Poached chicken, spinach and radicchio saladfatContent: 685.452 calories
saturatedFatContent: 44 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 9 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 15 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 2 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 57 grams protein
sodiumContent: 167 milligrams cholesterol