This one pan baked chicken is a great variation to try for your next Sunday roast.
The ingredient of Roast chorizo chicken with chokoes and mushrooms
- 20g butter
- 1 small brown onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 (120g) chorizo sausage, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 2 x 1.6kg whole chickens
- 20g butter, melted, extra
- 1 tablespoon chilli oil
- 4 medium chokoes, peeled, seeded, cut into wedges
- 250g cup mushrooms, halved
The instruction how to make Roast chorizo chicken with chokoes and mushrooms
- Preheat oven to 200u00b0C/180u00b0C fan-forced. Lightly grease a large roasting pan.
- Melt butter in a frying pan over medium heat. Add onion, garlic and chorizo. Cook, stirring, for 6 minutes or until onion has softened. Transfer to a bowl. Add breadcrumbs, rind and parsley to chorizo. Stir. Season with salt and pepper. Cool.
- Rinse chickens (including cavities) under cold running water. Pat dry with paper towel. Trim excess fat. Loosely fill 1 chicken cavity with stuffing. Keep remaining chicken plain. Tie legs together with kitchen string. Place both chickens in pan. Brush with extra butter. Season. Roast for 1 hour 10 minutes or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, combine chilli oil, choko and mushroom in a bowl. Spoon onto a baking tray lined with baking paper. Roast for 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Remove chickens from oven. Transfer to a warm plate, reserving plain chicken for chicken noodle soup. Cover with foil. Stand for 10 minutes. Serve.
Nutritions of Roast chorizo chicken with chokoes and mushroomsfatContent: 902.703 calories
saturatedFatContent: 36 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 13 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 23 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 8 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 119 grams protein
sodiumContent: 424 milligrams cholesterol