The ingredient of Saffron and chicken rice (Morasah polow)
- 1 orange
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 brown onion, thinly sliced
- 8 (about 800g) chicken thigh fillets, cut into 3cm pieces
- 1/4 cup (45g) dried barberries (see note)
- 2 teaspoons caster sugar
- 1/4 cup (50g) green raisins (see note)
- 1 teaspoon saffron threads
- 2 cups (400g) Basmati rice, rinsed, drained
- 3 cups (750ml) hot water
- 1/4 cup (40g) toasted slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup (40g) slivered or chopped pistachios
The instruction how to make Saffron and chicken rice (Morasah polow)
- Use a zester to remove rind from the orange. Alternatively, use a vegetable peeler to peel rind from orange. Use a small, sharp knife to remove white pith from rind. Cut rind into very thin strips. Set aside.
- Heat half the oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until golden. Transfer to a bowl.
- Heat remaining oil in the pan and add half the chicken. Cook, turning occasionally, for 5 minutes or until brown all over. Transfer to a bowl. Repeat with remaining chicken.
- Add the barberries to the pan and sprinkle with sugar. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until heated through. Return onion and chicken to the pan. Add the raisins, saffron, rice, water and half the orange rind and stir to combine. Increase heat to high and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and cook, covered, for 12 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat and set aside, covered, for 5 minutes to rest.
- Use a fork to fluff rice. Add half the almonds and pistachios and stir through rice. Transfer to a serving dish. Sprinkle with remaining pistachios, almonds and orange rind. Serve immediately.
Nutritions of Saffron and chicken rice (Morasah polow)fatContent: 452.905 calories
saturatedFatContent: 16 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 3 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 51 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 24 grams protein