The ingredient of Tandoori chicken with rice
- 80g (1/4 cup) tandoori paste
- 390g (1 1/2 cups) Tamar Valley Greek Style Yoghurt
- 12 (about 1.8kg) chicken thigh fillets, halved
- 50g (1/3 cup) slivered almonds
- 750ml (3 cups) water
- 400g (2 cups) basmati rice
- 1/4 teaspoon saffron threads
- 55g (1/3 cup) currants
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon rind
- Chopped fresh dill, extra, to serve
The instruction how to make Tandoori chicken with rice
- Combine the tandoori paste and 260g (1 cup) yoghurt in a shallow glass or ceramic dish. Add the chicken and turn to coat. Cover and place in the fridge for 4 hours to marinate.
- Cook the almonds in a frying pan over medium heat for 3-4 minutes or until toasted. Transfer to a plate. Add water to the pan and bring to the boil. Add rice and saffron and combine. Reduce heat to low. Cook, covered, for 12 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed. Set aside, covered, for 10 minutes. Stir to separate the grains. Stir in almonds and currants.
- Meanwhile, heat a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add half the chicken and cook for 3-4 minutes each side or until cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Repeat with remaining chicken.
- Combine the cucumber, dill and lemon rind in a bowl. Divide rice among serving plates. Top with chicken and remaining yoghurt. Sprinkle over extra dill and serve with cucumber mixture.
Nutritions of Tandoori chicken with ricefatContent: 791.09 calories
saturatedFatContent: 25 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 8 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 67 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 70 grams protein