The ingredient of Spinach & chicken terrine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 50g (1/3 cup) pine nuts
- 750g chicken mince
- 1 250g pkt frozen chopped spinach, thawed, squeezed firmly to remove excess liquid
- 100g (2 cups) breadcrumbs from day-old bread
- 75g (1/2 cup) currants
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Salt & ground black pepper, to taste
- 150g thinly sliced ham
- Dressed salad leaves, to serve
- Crusty bread, to serve
The instruction how to make Spinach & chicken terrine
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C. Heat olive oil in a small frying pan over medium-low heat. Add onion, garlic and pine nuts and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until onion softens and nuts are golden. Place in a large bowl and stand for 10 minutes to cool.
- Add chicken mince, spinach, breadcrumbs, currants, egg, thyme, mustard, salt and pepper to onion mixture and use your hands to mix together until thoroughly combined.
- Press 1/2 the mixture into a 6cm-deep, 10 x 20cm (base measurement) loaf pan. Cover top of mixture with ham. Press remaining mixture over ham and smooth surface into a rounded shape. Cook in preheated oven for 1 hour 5 minutes or until golden brown and firm to touch. Stand in pan for 10 minutes before turning onto a serving plate.
- Cut into slices and serve with dressed salad leaves and crusty bread.
Nutritions of Spinach & chicken terrinefatContent: 413.47 calories
saturatedFatContent: 22 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 5 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 18 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 10 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 35 grams protein
sodiumContent: 161 milligrams cholesterol