The ingredient of Spiced chicken pilaf
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 20g butter
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cups Basmati rice
- 1/3 cup (75g) currants
- 5 whole cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 bay leaves, optional
- 3 teaspoons ground cumin
- 4 cups (1 litre) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 850g chicken breast or thigh fillets
- Salt & freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted
The instruction how to make Spiced chicken pilaf
- Heat oil and butter in a pan with a lid. Cook onion over medium heat for 5-10 mins. Add rice, currants and spices. Stir until rice is coated.
- Stir in stock. Simmer over medium heat for 10 mins, or until the stock has been absorbed and tunnels appear. Cover, reduce heat to low and cook for 10 mins, until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.
- Preheat chargrill pan. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Cook for 3-4 mins on each side, until cooked through.
- Remove rice from heat. Spoon onto plates, top with chicken and sprinkle with almonds.
Nutritions of Spiced chicken pilaffatContent: 551.373 calories
saturatedFatContent: 14 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 4 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 65 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 10 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 38 grams protein
sodiumContent: 91 milligrams cholesterol