The ingredient of Vegetable & chicken pies
- Olive oil spray
- 400g chicken tenderloin
- 300g butternut pumpkin, cut into 2cm pieces
- 2 small carrots, peeled, cut into 2cm pieces
- 1/2 cup (40g) grated fat-reduced cheddar
- 250g low fat fresh ricotta
- 1/2 cup (125ml) reduced fat milk
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
- 420g can corn kernels, drained
- 3 slices wholemeal lavash bread
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
The instruction how to make Vegetable & chicken pies
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C. Spray 6 x 1 cup (250ml) heatproof dishes and a non-stick frying pan. Heat pan then add chicken, cooking 5-8 minutes or until cooked through. Remove and cut into thirds. Set aside.
- Cook pumpkin and carrot in a saucepan of boiling water for 8-10 minutes or until tender. Drain, set aside.
- Whisk cheddar, ricotta and milk in a saucepan over a medium heat until smooth. Combine the cornflour and 2 tablespoons of water. Whisk into cheese sauce. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 2 minutes. Add mustard, pepper, chives, corn, chicken, pumpkin and carrot.
- Cut bread in half lengthways, then halve diagonally. Line each dish with 2 pieces (without breaking it), with excess overhanging. Divide chicken among dishes. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Bake 20-25 minutes.
Nutritions of Vegetable & chicken piesfatContent: 342.965 calories
saturatedFatContent: 9 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 4 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 32 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 9 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 29 grams protein
sodiumContent: 66 milligrams cholesterol