This dish gets a big tick from us - its low-fat, budget-friendly and quick to prepare.
The ingredient of Chicken and tabouli stack
- 1/3 cup (90g) Greek-style yoghurt
- 2 teaspoons tahini
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- 4 (160g each) single chicken breast fillets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 slices mixed grain bread (Helgas brand)
- 4 oak lettuce leaves, washed, dried
- 250g purchased tabouli
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
The instruction how to make Chicken and tabouli stack
- Combine the yoghurt, tahini, lemon juice, garlic and 2 teaspoons water. Set aside.
- Place the chicken between two sheets of plastic wrap. Use a meat mallet or rolling pin and flatten to about 2cm thick. Heat the oil in a large frying pan over a medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook for 3 minutes each side or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, toast the bread.
- Place lettuce, tabouli, tomato, avocado and chicken on one half of the bread. Drizzle with the tahini dressing and top with the remaining toasted bread.
Nutritions of Chicken and tabouli stackfatContent: 641.954 calories
saturatedFatContent: 33 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 7 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 36 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 8 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 47 grams protein
sodiumContent: 98 milligrams cholesterol