The ingredient of Seasoned chicken with baby potatoes
- 1 1.7kg (size 17) free-range chicken
- 1 lemon, quartered
- 3 garlic cloves, bruised
- 6 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 750g evenly-sized chat (small coliban) potatoes, scrubbed
- 2 tablespoons water
- 40g butter, chopped
- 1/3 cup loosely packed snipped fresh chives
The instruction how to make Seasoned chicken with baby potatoes
- Briefly rinse the chicken cavity under cold running water. Pat dry inside and out with paper towel.
- Place lemon, garlic and thyme in the cavity of the chicken. Use unwaxed white kitchen string to tie the legs together. Brush the chicken all over with the oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the chicken, breast-side down, on a microwave-safe rack over a microwave-safe plate and cook, uncovered, on Medium/500watts/50% for 20 minutes.
- Turn the chicken over. Cover the wings and legs with foil and cook on Medium/500watts/50% for a further 20 minutes. Preheat oven to 220u00b0C.
- Meanwhile, pierce each potato with a skewer several times all over and place, in a single layer, in a large, shallow microwave-safe dish with the water. Cover with a lid or double layer of plastic wrap.
- Transfer the chicken to a greased roasting pan. Place the potatoes in the microwave and cook on High/800watts/100% for 8-10 minutes (potatoes will still be firm).
- Meanwhile, remove the foil from the wings and legs of the chicken. Roast in preheated oven for 10 minutes or until the chicken is golden. Remove from oven, cover with foil and set aside for 10 minutes to rest.
- Remove the potatoes from the microwave. Cover with foil and stand for 10 minutes or until the potatoes are tender when pierced with a skewer.
- Toss the potatoes with butter and chives. Season with salt and pepper and serve with the chicken.
Nutritions of Seasoned chicken with baby potatoesfatContent: 759.781 calories
saturatedFatContent: 47 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 16 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 24 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 2 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 57 grams protein
sodiumContent: 234 milligrams cholesterol