Take time out from a busy day to whip up this tasty curried chicken and rice dish. You wont be disappointed.
The ingredient of Indian curried chicken rice
- 1kg chicken thigh cutlets, skin removed
- 2 tablespoons mild Indian curry paste (see note)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 brown onion, chopped
- 1 1/4 cups white long-grain rice
- 1/3 cup sultanas
- 1 granny smith apple, cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 medium tomato, cut into 1cm pieces
- 2 1/2 cups Massel chicken style liquid stock
- Fresh coriander leaves, to serve
- Plain natural yoghurt, to serve
The instruction how to make Indian curried chicken rice
- Preheat oven to 220u00b0C/200u00b0C fan-forced. Place chicken and curry paste in a large glass or ceramic bowl. Stir to coat chicken.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook chicken, in batches, turning, for 4 minutes or until golden. Transfer to a plate.
- Add onion to pan. Cook, stirring, for 2 to 3 minutes or until softened. Add rice. Stir for 1 to 2 minutes or until rice is coated. Stir in sultanas, apple and tomato. Transfer mixture to a 10 cupcapacity, 25cm (base) round ovenproof dish. Arrange chicken over rice, pressing down gently. Pour over stock. Cover tightly with foil. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until rice is tender and chicken cooked through.
- Top with coriander. Serve with yoghurt.
Nutritions of Indian curried chicken ricefatContent: 636.935 calories
saturatedFatContent: 22 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 5 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 73 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 21 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 34 grams protein
sodiumContent: 125 milligrams cholesterol