Curry for kids: Warm them up gently with this low-heat, kid-friendly chicken curry.
The ingredient of Tandoori chicken drumsticks
- 1/4 cup tandoori paste
- 3 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup plain yoghurt
- 8 large (1.3kg) chicken drumsticks
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 small Lebanese cucumber, chopped
- 1 cup firmly packed baby spinach
- Steamed Basmati rice, to serve
The instruction how to make Tandoori chicken drumsticks
- Combine tandoori paste, 2 teaspoons lemon juice and 2 tablespoons yoghurt in a large bowl. Add drumsticks. Toss to coat. Cover. Refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight, if time permits.
- Combine garlic, cumin, cucumber, remaining lemon juice and remaining yoghurt in a bowl. Cover. Refrigerate.
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C/160u00b0C fan-forced. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Heat a greased barbecue plate or chargrill on medium-high heat. Cook drumsticks for 5 minutes each side or until browned. Transfer to prepared tray. Bake, covered, for 20 to 30 minutes or until cooked through.
- Spoon rice into bowls. Top with drumsticks. Add spinach to baking tray. Toss to coat in juices. Top drumsticks with spinach mixture and remaining tray juices. Serve with yoghurt mixture.
Nutritions of Tandoori chicken drumsticksfatContent: 422.791 calories
saturatedFatContent: 26 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 8 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 7 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 6 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 40 grams protein
sodiumContent: 184 milligrams cholesterol