Whip up this tasty chicken frittata with its colourful blend of olives, capsicum and red onion.
The ingredient of Chicken frittata
- 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 400g (about 2 single) chicken breast fillets, cut into 2cm pieces
- 300g desiree potatoes, unpeeled, cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 red onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 80g roasted red capsicum pieces, drained, cut into thin strips
- 50g (1/4 cup) kalamata olives, pitted, quartered
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh continental parsley
- 6 eggs, lightly whisked
- 80ml (1/3 cup) milk
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 80g mixed salad leaves
The instruction how to make Chicken frittata
- Heat 3 teaspoons of the oil in a 22cm (base measurement) non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium and heat another 3 teaspoons oil in the pan. Add the potatoes and onion, cover and cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until the onion softens and the potatoes are tender. Return the chicken to the pan with the capsicum, olives and parsley. Stir well to combine.
- Meanwhile, preheat grill on medium. Whisk the eggs and milk together in a jug, and season with salt and pepper. Pour the egg mixture into the pan. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until the frittata is almost set. Place the pan under preheated grill and cook for 2-3 minutes or until the frittata is just set and golden brown. Remove from the heat and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Combine the remaining oil and the lemon juice in a small jug. Taste and season with salt and pepper. Place the salad leaves in a serving bowl, add the dressing and toss to combine. Cut the frittata into wedges and serve with the dressed salad leaves.
Nutritions of Chicken frittatafatContent: 430.439 calories
saturatedFatContent: 25 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 6 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 13 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 3 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 37 grams protein