When it comes to weeknights, its all Greek to us! As a bonus, this delicious meal is freezable.
The ingredient of Chicken and cinnamon filo pies
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 brown onion, halved, cut into wedges
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 650g chicken breast fillets, cut into 2.5cm pieces
- 80ml (1/3 cup) white wine
- 250ml (1 cup) passata (tomato pasta sauce)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh continental parsley
- 12 sheets filo pastry
- 60g unsalted butter, melted
- Ground cinnamon, extra, to serve
The instruction how to make Chicken and cinnamon filo pies
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook the onion, stirring, for 5 minutes or until browned. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute or until aromatic. Add the chicken and cook, stirring, for 3-5 minutes or until browned.
- Add the wine. Cook for 2 minutes or until the liquid reduces slightly. Add the passata, honey and cinnamon. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and the sauce thickens. Stir in the parsley. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside to cool completely.
- Preheat oven to 220u00baC. Place the filo sheets on a clean work surface. Cover with a clean tea towel then a damp tea towel (this prevents it from drying out). Brush 1 filo sheet with melted butter. Top with another filo sheet. Brush with melted butter. Repeat with 4 more filo sheets and melted butter. Cut in half crossways. Place one-quarter of chicken mixture in the centre of 1 filo stack. Fold edges, overlapping, over the chicken mixture to enclose. Brush with melted butter. Repeat with the remaining filo, melted butter and chicken mixture to make 4 parcels.
- Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper. Place the parcels, seam-side down, on the prepared tray. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden. Dust with extra cinnamon.
Nutritions of Chicken and cinnamon filo piesfatContent: 518.152 calories
saturatedFatContent: 21 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 10 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 37 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 11 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 42 grams protein
sodiumContent: 134 milligrams cholesterol