Celebrate the Chinese New Year with these low-fat takeaway noodles.
The ingredient of Cold sesame noodles with chicken
- 1 tablespoon rice bran oil
- 400g chicken breast fillets, trimmed
- 1/3 cup smooth peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons warm water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 3 teaspoons sesame oil
- 440g packet fresh thin egg-style noodles
- 4 green onions, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon Sichuan peppercorns, pounded (see note), to serve (optional)
The instruction how to make Cold sesame noodles with chicken
- Heat oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook chicken for 8 minutes each side or until golden and cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Set aside for 10 minutes to cool. Using two forks, finely shred chicken.
- Meanwhile, place peanut butter, soy sauce, water, vinegar, sugar and sesame oil in a jug. Whisk until smooth.
- Place noodles in a large heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water. Stand for 1 to 2 minutes or until tender. Using a fork, separate noodles. Drain. Rinse under cold water. Drain. Transfer to a bowl. Add chicken, sauce mixture and onion. Serve in takeaway boxes sprinkled with pounded Sichuan peppercorns.
Nutritions of Cold sesame noodles with chickenfatContent: 311.178 calories
saturatedFatContent: 10.4 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 2 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 33.6 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 19.4 grams protein
sodiumContent: 40 milligrams cholesterol