Lose yourself in this fragrant, flavourful Red chicken curry.
The ingredient of Red chicken curry
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
- 600g chicken thigh fillets, trimmed, cut into 4cm pieces
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 400ml can Trident coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 3 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 large dried chillies, roughly chopped (see tip)
- 250g baby green beans, trimmed, sliced diagonally
- Steamed jasmine rice, to serve
- Fresh Thai basil leaves, to serve
The instruction how to make Red chicken curry
- Place curry paste and chicken in a ceramic bowl. Toss to coat. Cover. Refrigerate for 1 hour, if time permits.
- Heat oil in a wok over medium heat. Stir-fry chicken for 2 to 3 minutes or until lightly browned. Add coconut milk. Reduce heat to low. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 6 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Stir in fish sauce and sugar. Cook for 1 minute. Add chilli and beans. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until beans are tender.
- Spoon rice into bowls. Spoon over curry. Top with basil. Serve.
Nutritions of Red chicken curryfatContent: 466.289 calories
saturatedFatContent: 33 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 18 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 8 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 6 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 32 grams protein
sodiumContent: 119 milligrams cholesterol