The ingredient of Mustard chicken & chive pasta sauce
- 1 300ml carton thin cream
- 250ml (1 cup) milk
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 5 (about 1kg) single chicken breast fillets, thinly sliced crossways
- 60g (3 tablespoons) butter, at room temperature, cubed
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 2 tablespoons wholegrain mustard
- 40g (1/2 cup) finely grated parmesan
- 1/2 bunch chives, cut into 2cm lengths
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
The instruction how to make Mustard chicken & chive pasta sauce
- Whisk cream and milk in a large jug and set aside. Heat 1 teaspoon of the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add a third of the chicken and cook for 2 minutes each side or until brown. Transfer to a large bowl and set aside. Repeat with remaining oil and chicken in 2 more batches.
- Melt the butter in the frying pan over medium heat until foaming. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until aromatic. Add the flour and cook, stirring with a wooden spoon, for 1 minute or the flour leaves the side of the pan and is bubbling.
- Remove from heat. Use a balloon whisk to whisk constantly while gradually adding the milk mixture until the mixture is completely smooth. Stir in the mustard.
- Return frying pan to medium heat and stir constantly until sauce boils and thickens. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes. Add chicken, parmesan and chives, and stir until heated through. Season with salt and pepper.
Nutritions of Mustard chicken & chive pasta saucefatContent: 516.957 calories
saturatedFatContent: 35 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 20 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 7 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 4 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 44 grams protein
sodiumContent: 184 milligrams cholesterol