With a little help from the microwave, this creamy chicken pasta is ready in under half an hour.
The ingredient of Janelle Blooms Chicken pesto fettuccine
- 250g fresh fettuccine
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 500g chicken breast fillets
- 5 green shallots, chopped
- 165mls (2/3 cup) prepared tomato pesto
- 300mls thin cream
- 1/2 cup black olives
- Shaved parmesan, to serve
The instruction how to make Janelle Blooms Chicken pesto fettuccine
- Place pasta in a large microwave safe bowl. Add enough hot tap water to cover and 1 teaspoon of the olive oil.
- Cook in the microwave, uncovered, for 4-5 minutes on High/850watts/100%, or until al dente. (Alternatively, cook pasta in a large saucepan of salted boiling water for 4-5 minutes or until al dente.) Drain.
- Place chicken between damp paper towels on a microwave-safe roasting rack. Cook for 7-8 minutes on Medium/500watts/50% or until just cooked through and tender. Remove from microwave and stand for 5 minutes.
- Place green shallots and olive oil in a shallow 2-litre microwave safe dish and cook, uncovered, for 1-2 minutes on High/850watts/100 %.
- Stir in the tomato pesto and cream and cook for 3-4 minutes on Medium/500 watts/50%.
- Thinly slice chicken fillets across the grain. Remove cream mixture from the microwave, add chicken, pasta and olives, toss to combine.
- Return to the microwave and heat, uncovered, for 3-4 minutes on Medium/500 watts/50%. Serve with parmesan.
Nutritions of Janelle Blooms Chicken pesto fettuccinefatContent: 673.741 calories
saturatedFatContent: 45 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 20 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 29 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 8 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 36 grams protein