This gourmet chicken liver pate has a zesty orange flavour - Yum!
The ingredient of Chicken, orange and peppercorn pate pots
- 600g chicken livers
- 40g butter
- 1 medium brown onion, chopped
- 250ml (1 cup) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 1 1/2 teaspoons powdered gelatine
- 45g (1/4 cup) drained green peppercorns
- 2 teaspoons finely grated orange rind
- Pinch ground cinnamon
- Salt & ground black pepper
The instruction how to make Chicken, orange and peppercorn pate pots
- Trim any discoloured spots, fat and membrane from the livers.
- Melt the butter in a large frying pan over medium-low heat. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until soft. Increase heat to medium-high and add the chicken livers. Cook, turning occasionally, for 8-10 minutes or until the livers are lightly browned on the outside and slightly pink on the inside. Remove from the heat and set aside for 10 minutes to cool.
- Meanwhile, bring the stock just to the boil in a small saucepan over high heat. Remove from the heat and sprinkle the gelatine over the stock. Use a fork to whisk until the gelatine dissolves.
- Place the chicken liver mixture, 125ml (1/2 cup) of stock mixture and 1 tablespoon of green peppercorns in the bowl of a food processor. Add the orange rind and cinnamon, and season well with salt and pepper. Process until the mixture is smooth. Spoon the mixture into three 310ml (1 1/4-cup) ramekins and smooth the surface.
- Sprinkle the remaining peppercorns evenly on top of the pate in the ramekins. Carefully pour the remaining stock mixture evenly over each and place in the fridge overnight to set. Once set, cover with plastic wrap and store in the fridge.
Nutritions of Chicken, orange and peppercorn pate potsfatContent: 309.983 calories
saturatedFatContent: 17 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 7 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 10 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 4 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 30 grams protein
sodiumContent: 566 milligrams cholesterol