Baby bok choy has a versatile texture and taste which makes it popular in both eastern and western dishes. Its used in stir-fries and soups but can also be sauteed with garlic and bacon.
The ingredient of Honey lemon chicken stir fry
- 2 x 250g pkt rice noodles
- 2 teaspoons cornflour
- 1/3 cup (80ml) fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup (60ml) honey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 400g chicken breast fillets, fat trimmed, thinly sliced
- 1 brown onion, cut into thin wedges
- 2 carrots, peeled, cut into matchsticks
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 bunch baby bok choy, washed, leaves separated
- 150g pkt oyster mushrooms, halved if large
The instruction how to make Honey lemon chicken stir fry
- Place the rice noodles in the microwave and cook on HIGH/100% power for 2-3 minutes or until the noodles are soft. Set aside for 2-3 minutes. Use your hands to carefully separate the noodles. Combine the cornflour with a little of the lemon juice to make a smooth paste. Stir in the remaining lemon juice and honey.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of the oil in a large wok over a high heat. Add half the chicken and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes or until just cooked. Remove from the wok. Repeat with another 1 teaspoon of oil and the remaining chicken.
- Heat the remaining oil in the wok over a high heat. Add the onion, carrots and garlic. Stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add the bok choy and mushrooms. Cover and cook, tossing once, for 1-2 minutes or until the bok choy wilts.
- Add the lemon mixture and cook, tossing, for 1 minute or until well combined and the sauce thickens. Toss the noodles and chicken through the vegetables and sauce. Serve immediately.
Nutritions of Honey lemon chicken stir fryfatContent: 716.522 calories
saturatedFatContent: 7 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 1 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 123 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 22 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 28 grams protein
sodiumContent: 59 milligrams cholesterol