The ingredient of Smoked chicken, walnut & celery salad
- 1 x 900g loaf black rye bread (Riga brand)
- 100g diced bacon
- 125g (1/2 cup) good-quality whole-egg mayonnaise
- 75g (1/4 cup) extra-light sour cream
- 3 celery sticks, sliced crossways
- 1 x 100g pkt walnut halves
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
- 1 oakleaf lettuce, leaves separated, washed, dried
- 2 (about 400g) smoked chicken breast fillets, diagonally sliced
The instruction how to make Smoked chicken, walnut & celery salad
- Cut four 2cm-thick slices of bread. Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the bacon and cook, stirring, for 4-5 minutes or until crisp. Remove and drain on paper towel. Add bread slices to pan and cook for 1-2 minutes each side or until toasted.
- Combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, celery, walnuts and half the chives in a medium bowl.
- To serve, place a slice of rye bread on a serving plate. Top with lettuce leaves, chicken slices and celery mixture. Sprinkle with bacon and remaining chives.
Nutritions of Smoked chicken, walnut & celery saladfatContent: 644.105 calories
saturatedFatContent: 42 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 8 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 25 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 42 grams protein