Pollo in padella teams the unmistakably Italian flavours of tomato, oregano and olives.
The ingredient of Pollo in padella (chicken braised in the pan)
- 1/4 cup (35g) plain flour
- Pinch of dried oregano
- 4 chicken thighs
- 4 chicken drumsticks
- 20g unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, halved, sliced
- 150ml dry white wine
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon salted capers, rinsed, drained (see Notes)
- 100g mixed olives
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan
- 2 tablespoons oregano leaves
The instruction how to make Pollo in padella (chicken braised in the pan)
- Mix the flour with the dried oregano, then lightly dust the chicken pieces in the flour.
- Melt the butter with the olive oil over medium heat in a large heavybased frypan. Add the chicken, a few pieces at a time, and brown well for 2-3 minutes on each side. Remove the chicken and set aside.
- Drain excess fat from the pan, then add the onion and fry for 5 minutes until golden.
- Add the wine and bring to the boil, stirring. Boil for 2 minutes, then add the tomatoes, tomato paste, garlic, capers, olives, sugar, salt and pepper. Stir to combine, then return the chicken to the pan.
- Cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Serve scattered with parmesan and fresh oregano and serve.
Nutritions of Pollo in padella (chicken braised in the pan)fatContent: 637.174 calories
saturatedFatContent: 46 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 14 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 13 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 6 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 38 grams protein
sodiumContent: 190 milligrams cholesterol