Transform dried noodles into a nutritious meal with a quick coconut curry sauce.
The ingredient of Red chicken & vegetable curry with noodles
- 250g rice stick noodles
- 1 bunch baby pak choy, leaves separated, washed, dried
- 1 1/2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 3 (about 600g) single chicken breast fillets, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon red curry paste
- 1 x 270g can coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 x 425g can baby corn, drained
- Bean sprouts, to serve
- Thai basil leaves, to serve
The instruction how to make Red chicken & vegetable curry with noodles
- Place the noodles in a large heatproof bowl and cover with boiling water. Set aside for 5 minutes to soften. Drain.
- Use a small sharp knife to remove the pak choy leaves from the stems. Reserve the leaves. Cut each stem crossways into 3 pieces.
- Heat 2 teaspoons of oil in a wok over medium heat until just smoking. Add one-third of the chicken and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes or until golden. Transfer to a plate. Repeat, in 2 more batches, with the remaining oil and chicken, reheating the wok between batches.
- Add the pak choy stems to the wok and stir-fry for 2 minutes or until just tender. Add the curry paste and stir-fry for 1 minute or until aromatic. Add the coconut milk and bring to the boil. Add the lime juice, fish sauce and brown sugar and stir to combine.
- Add the noodles, reserved pak choy leaves, chicken and corn to the wok and stir-fry for 1 minute or until the pak choy just wilts and mixture is heated through.
- Divide the mixture among serving bowls. Top with bean sprouts and Thai basil and serve immediately.
Nutritions of Red chicken & vegetable curry with noodlesfatContent: 488.755 calories
saturatedFatContent: 22 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 12 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 31 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 5 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 40 grams protein
sodiumContent: 89 milligrams cholesterol