The ingredient of Poached chicken on lettuce and mint salad
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Chinese five spice
- 1/2 cup (125ml) light soy sauce
- 1/2 cup (125ml) dry sherry
- 5cm piece fresh ginger, peeled, thinly sliced
- 4 whole star anise
- 8 (about 1kg) chicken thigh fillets
- 1/2 iceberg lettuce, finely shredded
- 4 green onions, trimmed, finely shredded
- 1 cup large mint leaves, finely shredded
- 2 celery sticks, thinly sliced diagonally
- Steamed jasmine rice, to serve
The instruction how to make Poached chicken on lettuce and mint salad
- Combine lemon juice, honey, sesame oil, Chinese five spice, 1 tablespoon soy sauce and 1 tablespoon sherry in a small bowl. Taste and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Combine the ginger, star anise, remaining soy sauce and sherry in a large frying pan. Add the chicken and place over high heat. Bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to low and cook, covered, turning occasionally, for 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Remove from heat and set aside for 5 minutes to cool slightly.
- Combine the lettuce, green onion, mint and celery in a large bowl. Drizzle with half the dressing and gently toss to combine.
- Thinly slice the chicken. Place the salad among serving bowls. Top with chicken and drizzle with remaining dressing. Serve immediately with steamed rice, if desired.
Nutritions of Poached chicken on lettuce and mint saladfatContent: