Why wait for the weekend to cook for friends? Heres how to dress up everyday ingredients to create a dinner that is dazzling and delicious
The ingredient of Olive-stuffed piri piri chicken
- 3 mandarins
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh continental parsley
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1/2-1 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 60ml (1/4 cup) olive oil
- 95g (1 1/2 cups) fresh breadcrumbs
- 60g (1/3 cup) Sicilian green olives, pitted, thinly sliced
- 4 (about 800g) chicken breast fillets
- 125g chorizo sausage, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup fresh continental parsley leaves
The instruction how to make Olive-stuffed piri piri chicken
- Squeeze juice from 2 mandarins. Stir mandarin juice, chopped parsley, garlic, paprika, chilli and 2 tablespoons of oil in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Combine the breadcrumbs, olives and 2 tablespoons parsley mixture in a bowl.
- Preheat oven to 200u00baC. Place each piece of chicken between 2 sheets of plastic wrap. Gently pound until 1cm thick. Trim to make a rectangle. Divide breadcrumb mixture among chicken pieces. Roll up to enclose filling. Use toothpicks to secure.
- Heat the remaining oil in a large ovenproof frying pan. Cook the chicken, turning, for 5 minutes or until browned. Top with remaining parsley mixture. Transfer the pan to the oven. Bake for 20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Set aside for 5 minutes to rest.
- Peel and segment the remaining mandarin. Cook the chorizo in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat for 2 minutes or until browned. Add mandarin and stir for 1 minute or until warmed through. Stir in parsley leaves.
- Cut chicken in half and serve with the chorizo mixture. Drizzle over pan juices.
Nutritions of Olive-stuffed piri piri chickenfatContent: 548.027 calories
saturatedFatContent: 26 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 6 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 23 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 8 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 54 grams protein
sodiumContent: 146 milligrams cholesterol