Try this addictive combination of crisp-skinned chicken and juicy roasted grapes for your next dinner.
The ingredient of Chicken roasted with red wine and grapes
- 2 red onions, cut into wedges
- 350g large seedless red grapes, cut into small bunches
- 1/4 cup (60ml) balsamic vinegar, plus extra to drizzle
- 4 rosemary sprigs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 chicken thigh cutlets (with skin on and bone in)
- 200ml light red wine (such as pinot noir or merlot)
- 2 fresh bay leaves (see Notes)
- Creamy mashed potato, to serve
The instruction how to make Chicken roasted with red wine and grapes
- Preheat the oven to 200C. Scatter onion wedges and grapes in a lightly oiled roasting pan, then toss with the balsamic vinegar, rosemary, 1 tablespoon of the oil, and sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Roast for 20 minutes or until onions are tinged golden and the grapes have wilted.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining tablespoon of oil in a heavy-based frypan over high heat and brown the chicken skin-side down for 15 minutes or until deep golden (cover the pan with a splatter guard if possible).
- Add the chicken, skin-side up, to the roasting pan with the onion and grapes. Add the red wine and bay leaves and roast for 20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and tender.
- Serve the chicken, grapes and onion with mash, drizzled with the pan juices and a little extra balsamic vinegar.
Nutritions of Chicken roasted with red wine and grapesfatContent: 738.032 calories
saturatedFatContent: 55 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 15 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 16 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 16 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 40 grams protein
sodiumContent: 203 milligrams cholesterol