Host a relaxing alfresco lunch for four with this delicious and healthy chicken with herb and quinoa salad.
The ingredient of Lime chicken with herb & quinoa salad
- 8 Coles RSPCA approved chicken thigh fillets, fat trimmed, halved crossways
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 3 limes, halved
- 1 cup quinoa
- 3 cups torn herbs, (such as mint, coriander and basil)
- 60g baby spinach leaves
- 1 tablespoon Coles Brand baby capers
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
The instruction how to make Lime chicken with herb & quinoa salad
- Combine chicken, olive oil, cumin, garlic and juice of 2 lime halves in a bowl. Season. Marinate for 5 minutes.
- Heat a barbecue grill or chargrill on medium-high. Cook chicken for 3-4 minutes each side or until cooked. Transfer to a plate. Cover. Rest for 5 minutes. Cook limes, cut-side down, for 1-2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring quinoa and 3/4 cup water to the boil in a saucepan over high heat. Cover. Reduce heat to low. Cook for 10 minutes or until tender and liquid is absorbed.
- Place quinoa, herbs, spinach and capers in a bowl. Whisk extra virgin olive oil, honey and remaining lime juice. Toss with salad. Serve with chicken and lime.
Nutritions of Lime chicken with herb & quinoa saladfatContent: