Kick off the June long weekend with this winter warmer.
The ingredient of Chicken braised with tarragon, witlof and leeks
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 (about 800g-1kg) chicken thigh cutlets
- 1 large leek, washed, trimmed, cut into 4 pieces
- 2 witlof, halved lengthways
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup (125ml) dry white wine
- 2 fresh bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons tarragon leaves
- 1 cup (250ml) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 4 large silverbeet leaves, washed, centre stalk removed
- Crusty bread, to serve
The instruction how to make Chicken braised with tarragon, witlof and leeks
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C. Heat oil in a large flameproof casserole dish over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook for 2-3 minutes each side or until well browned. Transfer chicken to a plate and season with salt and pepper. Pour off excess fat from pan, leaving about 1 tablespoon.
- Add leek and witlof to the pan and cook for 2 minutes each side or until light golden. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Add the wine, bay leaves and half the tarragon and cook for 2 minutes. Add the chicken stock and return chicken to pan. Sprinkle with remaining tarragon.
- Bring to the boil. Remove from heat and cover with a tight-fitting lid. Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes or until chicken is just cooked through.
- Add the silverbeet to the pan, tucking in under chicken. Bake for a further 5-10 minutes or until chicken and silverbeet are cooked through. Serve chicken and vegetables in a large shallow bowl with some of the stock poured over and with slices of crusty bread.
Nutritions of Chicken braised with tarragon, witlof and leeksfatContent: 408.212 calories
saturatedFatContent: 24 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 6 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 2 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 2 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 42 grams protein