Master the art of the perfect whole chicken with this recipe which locks the flavours in creating a moist flavoursome chook with crispy skin.
The ingredient of Coriander, cumin and ginger marinated chicken
- 1 bunch coriander, chopped
- 3cm-piece fresh ginger, finely grated
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 lime, halved, juiced
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 x 1.5kg whole fresh chicken
- Potato wedges, to serve
- Mixed salad leaves, to serve
The instruction how to make Coriander, cumin and ginger marinated chicken
- Place the coriander, ginger, coriander seeds, cumin seeds, lime juice and oil in the bowl of a food processor and process until well combined.
- Place the chicken, breast-side down, on a clean work surface. Use poultry shears or sharp kitchen scissors to cut along either side of the backbone. Discard the backbone. Turn the chicken over and open to lie flat. Use your hands to press the chicken to flatten. Wash chicken well and pat dry.
- Place the chicken in a large sealable plastic bag. Add the coriander mixture to the bag and seal. Rub the bag to coat the chicken in the marinade. Place in fridge for 4 hours or overnight to marinate.
- Preheat a barbecue flat plate on medium-high. Remove the chicken from the bag. Wrap in non-stick baking paper, then in foil. Place, breast-side down, on the barbecue. Cook for 25 minutes. Turn and cook for a further 20 minutes or until the juices run clear when the thigh is pierced with a skewer. (Alternatively, cook in oven preheated to 200u00b0C for 45 minutes.) Cut into pieces and serve with wedges and mixed salad leaves.
Nutritions of Coriander, cumin and ginger marinated chickenfatContent: 455.773 calories
saturatedFatContent: 28 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 8 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 2 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 1 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 48 grams protein
sodiumContent: 186 milligrams cholesterol