Mozzarella cheese melts over the succulent chicken breasts to create a winning meal.
The ingredient of Chicken florentine
- 4 small chicken breast fillets, trimmed
- 1/4 cup plain flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 200g baby spinach
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 125g mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
- 700ml bottle Italian tomato pasta sauce
- 2 teaspoons white sugar
- 1/2 cup basil leaves, finely shredded
- Oven-roasted chat potatoes, to serve
- Steamed broccolini, to serve
The instruction how to make Chicken florentine
- Cut each chicken breast in half through the centre. Cover 1 piece of chicken with a piece of plastic wrap. Using a meat mallet or a rolling pin, pound chicken until about 1cm thick. Repeat with remaining chicken pieces. Sprinkle flour on a plate and season with salt and pepper. Coat chicken pieces in flour, shaking off excess.
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large, non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add spinach and garlic. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until spinach wilts. Season with salt and pepper. Remove to a plate. Wipe pan clean.
- Heat remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons oil in frying pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook, in batches, for 2 minutes each side or until golden. Remove to a baking tray lined with baking paper. Arrange chicken in a single layer. Top with spinach mixture and mozzarella. Preheat grill on medium-high heat.
- Pour pasta sauce into frying pan. Bring to a simmer. Cook for 5 minutes. Stir in sugar and basil. Place chicken under grill and cook for 2 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Divide pasta sauce between shallow serving plates. Top with florentine chicken and serve with potatoes and broccolini.
Nutritions of Chicken florentinefatContent: 627.375 calories
saturatedFatContent: 22 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 8 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 26 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 16 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 77 grams protein
sodiumContent: 190 milligrams cholesterol