Spicy Cajun flavours and creamy avocado salsa make this low-fat burger a perfect weeknight meal.
The ingredient of Cajun chicken burger with avocado salsa
- 2 chicken breast fillets
- 1/4 cup cajun seasoning (see notes)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 crusty wholemeal bread rolls, split, toasted
- 1 medium avocado, cut into 1cm pieces
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped fresh coriander leaves
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 60g baby mesclun salad leaves
The instruction how to make Cajun chicken burger with avocado salsa
- Cut chicken breast fillets in half horizontally to form 4 thin fillets. Place chicken in a shallow glass or ceramic dish. Sprinkle both sides with seasoning. Drizzle with 2 teaspoons oil. Rub to coat. Cover. Refrigerate overnight, if time permits.
- Heat remaining oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook chicken for 2 to 3 minutes each side or until cooked through. Transfer to a clean chopping board. Cut each chicken fillet in half diagonally.
- Place roll bases on serving plates. Combine avocado, coriander and lime juice in a bowl. Top roll bases with salad leaves, tomato, chicken and avocado mixture. Top with coriander leaves and roll tops. Serve.
Nutritions of Cajun chicken burger with avocado salsafatContent: 414.187 calories
saturatedFatContent: 23 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 5 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 21 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 3 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 29 grams protein
sodiumContent: 59 milligrams cholesterol