Team barbecue chicken, tender asparagus and smashed potato salad for an easy weeknight meal.
The ingredient of Barbecue chicken and smashed potato salad
- 12 (about 600g) baby desiree potatoes
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed, cut into 5cm lengths
- 4 bacon rashers, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup (125g) whole-egg mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup (60g) sour cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped tarragon
- 1 country-style barbecue chicken, coarsely shredded
- 4 green onions, trimmed, thinly sliced
The instruction how to make Barbecue chicken and smashed potato salad
- Place the potatoes in a medium saucepan and cover with plenty of cold water. Place over high heat and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 10 minutes or until tender. Add the asparagus and cook for a further 1 minute or until bright green and tender crisp. Refresh under cold running water. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, add the bacon to a medium frying pan over high heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from heat.
- Combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, lemon juice, mustard and tarragon in a small bowl. Taste and season with salt and pepper and extra lemon juice if necessary.
- Use the palm of your hand to gently smash the potatoes. Place in a large bowl with the asparagus, bacon, chicken and green onion. Drizzle with mayonnaise mixture. Cover with plastic wrap and keep salad chilled until ready to serve.
Nutritions of Barbecue chicken and smashed potato saladfatContent: 928.515 calories
saturatedFatContent: 53 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 16 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 28 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 13 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 82 grams protein
sodiumContent: 326 milligrams cholesterol