This is a quirky take on the traditional shepherd’s pie.
The ingredient of Chicken, mushroom and tarragon pot pies
- 4 sebago potatoes, peeled, halved
- 20g butter, chopped
- 250ml PHILADELPHIA Original Cream For Cooking, a cream alternative
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 (about 800g) chicken thigh fillets, coarsely chopped
- 200g Swiss brown mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 leek, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 1/2 cup (125ml) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh tarragon
- 20g butter, extra, melted
- Steamed butter beans, to serve
- Steamed snow peas, to serve
The instruction how to make Chicken, mushroom and tarragon pot pies
- Place the potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with cold water. Place over high heat and bring to the boil. Cook for 20 minutes or until tender. Drain well. Return the potatoes to the pan with butter and half the PHILLY. Use a potato masher to mash until smooth. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Add one-quarter of the chicken and cook, turning occasionally, for 5 minutes or until brown all over. Transfer to a bowl. Repeat in 3 more batches with remaining chicken.
- Add the mushrooms to the pan and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until tender. Transfer to the bowl with chicken. Add the leek and garlic to the pan and cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes or until leek softens. Sprinkle the flour over mixture and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Return the chicken and mushroom mixture with the chicken stock, mustard, lemon juice, tarragon and remaining PHILLY. Bring to a simmer. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and sauce thickens slightly. Remove from heat. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat a grill on high. Spoon the chicken mixture among four 1 1/2-cup (375ml) capacity ovenproof dishes. Spoon the mashed potato over the chicken. Lightly brush with melted butter. Cook under preheated grill for 5 minutes or until lightly golden. Serve immediately with steamed beans and snow peas, if desired.
Nutritions of Chicken, mushroom and tarragon pot piesfatContent: 601.563 calories
saturatedFatContent: 33 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 13 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 29 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 6 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 43 grams protein
sodiumContent: 246 milligrams cholesterol