Make one-pot Portuguese with chook, chorizo and chickpeas in spicy sauce.
The ingredient of Piri-piri chicken & chorizo bake
- 2 tablespoons sambal oelek
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 60ml (1/4 cup) lemon juice
- 1.7kg whole chicken, cut into 8 pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 x 420g cans Chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 4 roma tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 red capsicum, coarsely chopped
- 1 chorizo, thickly sliced
- 6 sprigs fresh thyme
- 250ml (1 cup) Massel salt reduced chicken style liquid stock
The instruction how to make Piri-piri chicken & chorizo bake
- Preheat oven to 200u00b0C. Combine the sambal oelek, garlic, paprika, cumin and 1 tablespoon lemon juice in a large bowl. Add the chicken and toss to coat.
- Heat the oil in a flameproof roasting pan over high heat. Cook the chicken, skin-side down, for 2-3 minutes each side or until browned. Remove from heat. Add the chickpeas, tomato, capsicum, chorizo and thyme. Pour over the stock and remaining lemon juice. Bake for 35 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
Nutritions of Piri-piri chicken & chorizo bakefatContent: 812.6 calories
saturatedFatContent: 51 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 15 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 28 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 63 grams protein