Youll go nuts for this spicy chicken breast Asian power bowl. With a little coconut and noodles to keep things fresh, itll fast become a weeknight favourite.
The ingredient of Coconut satay chicken noodle bowl
- 450g fresh hokkien noodles
- 1 lemongrass stalk (white part only), finely chopped
- 2cm piece fresh ginger, peeled, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 4 x 150g chicken breast fillets
- 2 eschalots, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 long red chilli, seeded, finely chopped, plus extra sliced chilli to serve
- 1/2 x 270g jar Yeos Satay Sauce
- 165ml can coconut milk
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, peeled into ribbons
- 2 tablespoons chopped unsalted peanuts, to serve
- Fresh coriander sprigs, to serve
The instruction how to make Coconut satay chicken noodle bowl
- Prepare noodles following packet directions. Drain.
- Meanwhile, combine lemongrass, ginger and 2 teaspoons peanut oil in a glass or ceramic bowl. Add chicken. Rub to coat.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium heat. Cook chicken for 3 to 4 minutes each side or until cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Cover to keep warm.
- Heat remaining peanut oil in pan over medium-high heat. Add eschalot, garlic and chilli. Cook for 4 minutes or until onion has softened. Add satay sauce and coconut milk. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 5 minutes or until slightly thickened. Remove from heat. Stir in sesame oil.
- Slice chicken. Divide noodles and cucumber among 4 bowls. Top with chicken. Spoon over satay sauce. Sprinkle with peanuts, extra chilli and coriander. Serve.
Nutritions of Coconut satay chicken noodle bowlfatContent: 533.687 calories
saturatedFatContent: 25.2 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 11.2 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 35.2 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 41 grams protein
sodiumContent: 88 milligrams cholesterol