Pear slices add a sticky, caramelised sweetness to the chicken, great for kids.
The ingredient of Paprika and maple chicken escalopes with pear
- 60ml (1/4 cup) maple syrup
- 1 tbs fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tsp ground paprika
- 2 (about 500g) chicken breast fillets, halved horizontally
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 large Packham pear, cut into 1cm-thick slices
- 1 tbs white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbs wholegrain mustard
- 100g baby spinach leaves
The instruction how to make Paprika and maple chicken escalopes with pear
- Combine the maple syrup, rosemary, garlic and paprika in a bowl. Add the chicken and turn to coat. Cover and set aside for 5 minutes to marinate. Drain the chicken, reserving the marinade.
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add half the chicken. Cook for 2 minutes each side or until golden and cooked through. Transfer to a plate and cover to keep warm. Repeat with remaining chicken. Add the pear to the pan. Cook, turning occasionally, for 3-4 minutes or until golden and tender. Transfer to a second plate.
- Add the vinegar, mustard and reserved marinade to the pan. Bring to the boil over medium heat. Cook for 1 minute or until the sauce thickens slightly. Divide the spinach, pear and chicken among serving plates. Drizzle over the sauce.
Nutritions of Paprika and maple chicken escalopes with pearfatContent: 266.963 calories
saturatedFatContent: 7 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 1 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 20 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 29 grams protein