The addition of chicken and pancetta takes this potato bake from humble side to hearty main.
The ingredient of Beer-braised chicken and potato bake
- 1 (about 1.5kg) Coles RSPCA Approved Whole Chicken
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 750g baby potatoes, halved
- 100g pkt pancetta, coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- 330ml lager (such as Corona)
- 1 cup (250ml) chicken stock
- 1/4 cup oregano sprigs
- 1/2 cup (80g) pitted kalamata olives
- 250g vine-ripened cherry tomatoes
- Oregano sprigs, extra, to serve
The instruction how to make Beer-braised chicken and potato bake
- Preheat oven to 200u00b0C. To joint the chicken, place it, breast-side down, on a clean work surface. Use poultry shears to cut along either side of the backbone. Discard the backbone. Turn over the chicken. Cut the breast in half, splitting the breastbone. Use a sharp knife to separate the thigh from the breast. Cut the drumsticks from the thighs. Cut the wings from the breasts.
- Heat half the oil in a large flameproof baking dish over high heat. Add half the chicken. Cook, turning occasionally, for 5 mins or until browned all over. Transfer to a plate. Repeat with remaining chicken. 3. Heat the remaining oil in the baking dish. Add the potato and cook, turning occasionally, for 5 mins or until browned all over. Add the pancetta and garlic and cook, stirring, for 2 mins. Add the onion and return the chicken to the dish. Pour the lager over the chicken mixture. Bring to the boil. Cook for 5 mins or until liquid reduces by half. Remove from heat. Add the stock, oregano, olives and tomatoes.
- Bake for 1 hour or until chicken is cooked through and sauce has thickened slightly. Sprinkle with extra oregano.
Nutritions of Beer-braised chicken and potato bakefatContent: 614.23 calories
saturatedFatContent: 25 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 6 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 29 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 60 grams protein