Stand-out this summer with a salad that is special enough for a healthy lunch or a fabulous addition to any barbecue.
The ingredient of Grape, chicken and pearl couscous salad
- 1 cup (200g) pearl couscous
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 4 x 120g Coles RSPCA Approved Chicken Breast Fillets
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 bunch celery, yellow leaves reserved, thinly sliced diagonally
- 1 cup (175g) white grapes, halved
- 1 cup (190g) red grapes, halved
- 1/3 cup (35g) walnuts, toasted, coarsely chopped
- 100g reduced-fat feta, crumbled
- 1 lemon, zested, juiced
The instruction how to make Grape, chicken and pearl couscous salad
- Cook couscous in a saucepan of salted boiling water for 5-6 mins or until tender. Refresh under cold running water. Drain.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tsp of the oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Sprinkle chicken with cumin and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 4 mins each side or until golden brown and cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Cover with foil. Set aside to cool.
- Coarsely shred the chicken. Place in a bowl with the couscous, celery and celery leaves, grapes, walnut and feta.
- Whisk lemon juice and remaining oil in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Drizzle over salad and toss to combine. Serve sprinkled with lemon zest.
Nutritions of Grape, chicken and pearl couscous saladfatContent: 630.96 calories
saturatedFatContent: 22 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 5 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 56 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 45 grams protein