A super speedy salad using fresh ingredients. The white balsamic vinegar is sweet and mild, used to flavour the roasted tomatoes and as a dressing.
The ingredient of Blistered tomato and chicken couscous salad
- 190g (1 cup) couscous
- 1 lemon, rind finely grated
- 1 tablespoon baby capers, drained
- 250ml (1 cup) water, boiling
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus extra, to drizzle
- 400g mixed sweet grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar, plus extra, to drizzle
- 150g Danish feta, crumbled
- 1 cup small fresh basil leaves
- 60g baby rocket leaves
- 1 barbecue chicken, skin removed, meat shredded
The instruction how to make Blistered tomato and chicken couscous salad
- Place the couscous, lemon rind and capers in a heatproof bowl. Juice half the lemon and add with the boiling water and 1 tsp of the oil to the couscous. Season. Cover and set aside for 5 minutes to absorb. Fluff with a fork.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven grill to high. Line a baking tray with foil. Place the tomato, cut-side up, on the prepared tray. Drizzle with the vinegar and remaining oil. Season well and cook for 5 minutes or until soft and lightly charred.
- Cut the remaining lemon half into 4 wedges. Add feta, basil, rocket, chicken and half the tomato, including any pan juices, to the couscous. Gently toss to combine. Divide among serving plates. Top with remaining tomato. Drizzle with extra vinegar and oil. Serve with lemon wedges.
Nutritions of Blistered tomato and chicken couscous saladfatContent: 635.74 calories
saturatedFatContent: 25 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 9 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 37 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 60 grams protein