Create a super healthy dish with this kale and quinoa tabouli topped with tender paprika chicken and tahini yoghurt.
The ingredient of Kale and quinoa tabouli with paprika chicken
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 cup (100g) quinoa, rinsed, drained
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, finely chopped
- 200g punnet Perino grape tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups kale, finely shredded
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup mint, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 x 120g Coles RSPCA approved chicken breast fillets
- 2 teaspoons ground paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 200g Greek-style yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- Mint leaves, to serve
- Lemon zest, to serve
The instruction how to make Kale and quinoa tabouli with paprika chicken
- Heat a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the allspice and half the cumin. Cook for 30 seconds or until aromatic. Remove from heat. Add the quinoa and 1 cup (250ml) water. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Cook, covered, for 15 mins or until the water is absorbed and the quinoa is tender. Set aside, covered, for 15 mins to rest.
- Place the quinoa in a large bowl. Add the cucumber, tomato, kale, parsley, chopped mint, 1 1/2 tablespoons of the lemon juice and half the oil. Toss to combine.
- Meanwhile, combine the chicken, paprika, thyme, remaining cumin and remaining oil in a large bowl.
- Heat a chargrill pan on medium. Cook the chicken for 4 mins each side or until golden and cooked through. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil. Set aside for 5 mins to rest. Thickly slice.
- Combine yoghurt, tahini, 1 tablespoon water and remaining lemon juice in a bowl.
- Divide the quinoa tabouli among serving plates. Top with the chicken and drizzle with yoghurt mixture. Sprinkle with mint leaves and lemon zest.
Nutritions of Kale and quinoa tabouli with paprika chickenfatContent: 375.23 calories
saturatedFatContent: 21 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 6 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 12 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 33 grams protein